Top 10 Austen Riggs Center Blogs of 2019
As 2019 comes to a close, we take a look back over some of our most popular blogs and stories from this year.
- The Four Freedoms of Mental Health Care – Medical Director/CEO Eric M. Plakun writes about the “Four Freedoms” we owe to those struggling with mental disorders.
- Gender Identity, Research, and Advice for Parents: An Interview with Dr. Aron Janssen – A video blog with visiting speaker Dr. Aron Janssen.
- A Win in the Battle for True Mental Health Parity – Commentary from Medical Director/CEO Eric M. Plakun on the Wit v. UBH class action suit verdict.
- The Austen Riggs Center to Open “The Hospital on Main Street: Human Dignity and Mental Health,” A Special Exhibition in Stockbridge, Massachusetts – Details on the centennial exhibition Riggs opened in 2019.
- The Substance of Attachment: Insights on Rural Opioid Use – In this guest blog, mental health practitioner Alison Mitchell explores the opioid abuse problem, particularly related to its impact on relationships and rural communities.
- Centennial Conference Photo Gallery – Photos from the sold-out Centennial Conference Riggs hosted in September at Tanglewood’s new Linde Center for Music and Learning.
- Psychiatry and Refugee and Immigrant Populations; Trends in Mental Health Care: An Interview with Dr. Schuyler Henderson – A video blog with visiting speaker Dr. Schuyler Henderson.
- An Issue of Substance – Recreational marijuana is now sold legally in Massachusetts. What does that mean for Austen Riggs?
- Dr. Plakun’s 4 Tools to Maximize Insurance Claim Appeal Success – A helpful guide for those appealing an insurance company denial for mental health treatment.
- The Austen Riggs Center Celebrates a Century of Pioneering Mental Health Care, Treatment, and Research – An overview of Riggs centennial activities and notable staff members.