To nominate and submit a resident for consideration, Program Directors should:
By September 1, 2022, submit the application materials outlined below using the online submission form.
- A nomination letter written by the program director (250 words maximum) for ONE psychiatry resident describing the qualifications of the nominee including:
- a description of clinical abilities,
- personal characteristics that contribute to clinical excellence, and, (where applicable),
- teaching, research, or other significant accomplishments relevant to the practice of psychodynamic psychiatry or psychodynamic psychotherapy.
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae
- A brief description written by the nominee (400 words maximum) outlining their interest in psychodynamic psychiatry.
Nominees will be assessed on a number of dimensions, including:
- Interest in psychotherapy
- Psychological-mindedness / Aptitude for psychotherapy
- Initiative in pursuing psychotherapeutic opportunities
- Initiative in teaching/researching psychotherapeutic approaches in psychiatry
- Idealism / Professionalism
- Quality of the personal statement (creativity, thoughtfulness, ability to express self in writing)
- Likelihood of contributing to the field
- Overcoming of obstacles to psychotherapy (e.g., in a low-resource environment)
The award recipients will be announced by October 14, 2022.
Recipients of the Award for Excellence in Psychotherapy receive:
We appreciate your assistance in identifying the next generation of psychodynamic and biopsychosocial psychiatrists and your support in their development by nominating them for this new award. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact: David Mintz, MD, Director of Psychiatric Education
413.931.5315 or email@example.com.
If the nomination form below does not load, please refresh the page.