Therapeutic Community Staff
Part Time 20- 30 hours per week
Schedule to include evening and weekend hours
Under the supervision of the Director of the Therapeutic Community, the person in this position works with patients and staff to facilitate a range of social, educational, cultural, and recreational groups and activities aimed at community building across our continuum of care. Central to the role is the ability to contribute to our Health and Wellness program which promotes physical health and greater awareness of the mind-body connection. Also central is the ability to facilitate interpersonal learning for those with a history of problematic relationships. The therapeutic community staff role is vital to maintaining a robust and thriving Therapeutic Community Program that supports treatment and enhances human development through group engagement and the recognition of patient authority.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or other related field, or graduate of an approved Nursing Program coupled with applicable work experience with groups; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to understand and support the values and philosophy of our open setting including treating all people with respect and promoting patient authority.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and leadership capacities, interpersonal and group skills.
- Ability to teach mindfulness practices, yoga classes, and or and/or fitness classes.
- Experience in a therapeutic community or residential treatment setting preferred.
- Group relations training is an asset.
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to move frequently between buildings, sitting for extended periods of time and limited lifting. Capacity to engage in and lead physical activities (e.g., hikes).
- Mental aptitude needed to quickly move from one assignment to another.
- Ability to use computer, telephone and other office equipment.