40 hours per week - Day shift
The Austen Riggs Center is a Psychodynamic, Psychiatric Residential Treatment Center, and a leading center for education and research located in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. We specialize in the long-term treatment of psychiatric disorders with intensive psychodynamic psychotherapy and a full range of psychiatric services, offered in a completely voluntary continuum of care that includes inpatient, residential, and day treatment programs. The center is currently hiring for a Medical Office and Infection Control Nurse.
The Medical Nurse Coordinator is responsible for the integration of patient care utilizing various processes to coordinate the medical and psychopharmacological issues of psychiatric patients. Collaborates with clinical staff and other team personnel in education, infection control, and performance improvement issues. In addition to the primary Medical Nurse Coordinator role, the Infection Control Nurse role is responsible for the monitoring, surveillance, prevention, and control of infection for patients and staff at the Center. The Infection Control Nurse will maintain a Center-wide Infection Control Program that meets national regulatory and clinical standards affecting patient and employee health care needs.
Required qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. B.S.N. or in progress required.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
- APIC certified within 1 year of appointment to position.
- 1 year of psychiatric nursing experience required.
- Current CPR and CPI training/certification.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain patients’ rights at all times.
- Ability to concentrate despite interruptions, to tolerate anxiety, and remain reflective under stress.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other software and databases.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account and Health Reimbursement Account
- Generous Paid time off and 12 paid holidays
- Parental leave (9 weeks)
- Tuition Reimbursement (100%)
- Onsite Library
- Retirement plan (403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Hospital wide diversity, equity, and inclusivity initiatives
- Annual employee recognition programs
- Generous PTO and Extended Illness Bank time off provided each year
- Annual merit increases
- Zero tolerance for violence at the Center
- Remote or in-person interview process; virtual meetings.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Personal protective equipment provided.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
- On-site weekly mandated COVID-19 surveillance testing.
Remote work: NO
Austen Riggs Center is committed to equal opportunity, a diverse workforce, and an inclusive environment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Austen Riggs Center requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before starting employment.