Therapeutic Community Staff
32-40 hours per week
Schedule to include evening and weekend hours
Under the supervision of the Director of the Therapeutic Community, the person in this position works with patients and staff to develop and facilitate a range of social, educational, cultural, and recreational groups and activities aimed at community building across our continuum of care. Central to the role is the ability to facilitate interpersonal learning for those with a history of problematic relationships. The ideal candidate will have the ability to teach yoga, mindfulness practices, and other wellness offerings. The therapeutic community staff role is vital to maintaining a robust and thriving Therapeutic Community Program that supports treatment and enhances human development through group engagement and the recognition of patient authority.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor degree in Psychology, Social Work or other related field, or graduate of an approved Nursing Program coupled with applicable work experience with groups; Masters Degree is preferred.
- Ability to understand and support the values and philosophy of our open setting, including treating people with respect and promoting patient authority.
- Group relations training an asset.
- Ability to teach mindfulness practices and/or yoga classes is an asset.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and leadership capacities, interpersonal and group skills.
- Ability to teach mindfulness practices and/or meditation is an asset.
- Experience in a therapeutic community or residential treatment setting preferred.
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to move frequently between buildings, sitting for extended periods of time and limited lifting. Capacity to engage in and lead physical activities (e.g., hikes).
- Mental aptitude needed to quickly move from one assignment to another.
- Ability to use a computer, telephone, and other office equipment.