Mental Health Worker or Staff Nurses - Per Diem
Working under the supervision of the Charge Nurse, the nursing staff is responsible for the provision of a safe and growth promoting community environment at the Inn. The focus is on the establishment of a therapeutic relationship that maximizes the dignity of individual patients through support of their healthy, adaptive functioning consistent with cultural, spiritual and age-specific considerations. The position maintains a working knowledge of the patient’s behavior, activities and schedule, utilizing his/her personality, interpersonal and group skills and theoretical knowledge in a purposeful goal directed manner to enhance the patient’s potential for modifying problematic thoughts, feelings and behavior.
Per diem staff nurses have additional responsibilities for medication and medical care, according to physician’s orders, and directs and guides other personnel in the delivery of nursing care. Staff nurses must be licensed as an RN in Massachusetts.
Required qualifications include:
- A.D.N. or for MHW B.A. or B.S. in psychology or related field practice; comparable work experience required if no degree is held.
- Experience in hospital or related mental health setting required.
- CPR, non-violent assertiveness training, current medical assessment and skills technique required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain patients’ rights at all times.
- Ability to use computer, telephone, fax and other office equipment.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Physical stamina needed for off-shift work and weekends.
- Ability to concentrate despite interruptions, to tolerate anxiety and to remain reflective under stress, to make use of one’s own affects and to use them in the service of responding in role.
Using the upload options please submit your cover letter and resume, along with the downloadable application below, to Human Resources. We accept the following file types .pdf, .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .or odf (in order of preference).