DSM-5, What's New and What's Important
Dr. Elizabeth Weinberg will both give a conceptual and historical overview of the DSM-5 system, and then will give a detailed review of DSM-5. She will discuss each major chapter, its conceptual organization, major diagnostic categories, and important changes from DSM-IV. There will be a brief review of the mandatory transition to ICD coding in 2014.
Format: Videocast or audio podcast
Target Practice Level: Intermediate level course
How it Works:
- Users must register and provide credential information in order to gain access to course material.
- In order to receive credit, users must watch/listen to the course, take and pass a post-course quiz and complete a course evaluation.
- Certificates are available for download and printing upon completion of the course evaluation. Users will have ongoing access to certificates via their individual online transcript.
Social Workers participating in this course will receive 1.0 continuing education clock hours.
Austen Riggs Center, provider #1344, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Austen Riggs Center maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 2/2/2017-2/2/2020. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for continuing education credits.
As of July 2015, ACE is accepted in 50 jurisdictions. This does not include the states of New York, New Jersey, and Maine. For a listing of the approved jurisdictions visit https://www.aswb.org/ace/ace-jurisdiction-map/.
The Austen Riggs Center follows all state and federal laws and regulations, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). In accordance with the ADA, the Austen Riggs Center is committed to accessibility. If you need accommodations for your online course, please contact email@example.com.
The Austen Riggs Center Continuing Medical Education and Online Courses system is offered to users who are able to access these courses with systems and devices meeting the following requirements:
- Internet Explorer 11 or 10
- Latest Versions of Safari, Firefox, and Chrome
- Apple iPhone and iPad devices running iOS 7 or iOS 8
- Android 4.4.x-capable devices
- No pop-up blockers or browser extensions that interfere with multimedia rendering of content installed or enabled.