Cost of Treatment
Austen Riggs offers a range of programs, from the six-week intensive Initial Evaluation and Treatment phase to other residential Day Treatment and Aftercare programs, and the total length of stay can vary from six weeks to a year or more. Depending on the program a patient is admitted to, the cost of the total six-week evaluation and treatment ranges from $60,300 - $64,500*, which includes an admission consultation fee of $1,500. A payment of $45,000 (applied to the cost of treatment) is required on the day of admission regardless of your health insurance coverage and/or benefits.
Fees are all-inclusive and range from $380 to $1,500 per day based on program and intensity of services. The average cost per day for patients who remain in treatment for a few months is $940 per day. We encourage you to contact our admissions team for more specific information about our fees.
Daily Rates Include:
- Room and board
- Four times/week intensive psychotherapy sessions with a doctoral level clinician**
- Psychopharmacology (medication management) with a psychiatrist
- Social work services including family liaison work or family therapy
- Full access to the Therapeutic Community Program including process groups, educational and recreational activities, and a patient government
- Nursing care
- Substance use disorder services
- Basic medical services including referrals to outside specialized medical or neurological consultations as needed
- Activities Program including a greenhouse, nursery school, theatre, and professional instruction in various arts
- Dietary consultation
- Fitness classes
- Discharge planning
- Doctor on call services
Please view our policies regarding financial and insurance information.
If you have questions, please call our Admissions Department, at 800.51.RIGGS (74447). Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., EST.
*Treatment costs reflect rates as of 7/1/18 and are subject to change.
**on occasion, fewer than four sessions may be scheduled due to holidays and therapist absences. Interim therapy during therapist absences is two times/week.