Full Time - 40 hours per week
The Research Assistant provides day-to-day support to the Director of Research in supporting the operations of both active and archival empirical research projects. This support may include assisting with subject recruitment and enrollment, data collection and entry, preparing both narrative, quantitative and physiological data for coding and analysis, and assisting with literature reviews, manuscript preparation, and applications for external funding as needed. The Research Assistant will be responsible for conducting diagnostic and other clinical research interviews, orienting research subjects on the use of sleep actigraphy monitors, and providing general support to active research subjects. The Research Assistant may also participate in various study and work groups that are focused on areas of clinical and research interest at Austen Riggs and assist with the supervision of summer undergraduate research interns. The research assistant will report to the Director of Research.
- BS or BA in Psychology or related field including some course work in statistical methods and research design.
- Capacity to form positive alliance with participants from the Riggs community and external research sites .
- Experience working with physiological assessment methodology preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Research experience including SPSS.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs, such as Word, PowerPoint, SPSS, and Excel.
- Experience importing and exporting data in SPSS.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Manual dexterity necessary for computer use. Ability to use office equipment, to include telephone, copiers, and fax machine, as well as audiovisual equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Must have a high initiative, integrity, strong work ethic, good communication, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to follow detailed direction and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take direction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain patients’ rights and confidentiality at all times.
- Possess the ability to be aware of the various dimensions of diversity, including gender, race, identity, and ethnicity.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision (available on day 1)
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible spending account and Health Reimbursement Account
- Generous Paid time off (PTO), sick time (EIB), and 12 paid holidays
- Parental leave (9 weeks)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Professional development stipend
- Onsite Library
- Free meals
- Retirement plan (403(b)) with generous employer contribution
- Remote or in-person interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Where can I apply or get more information?
Email resume & Cover letter: Jobs@austenriggs.net
Remote position: No
Please submit resume with cover letter for consideration to: Jobs@austenriggs.net
Austen Riggs Center is committed to equal opportunity, a diverse workforce, and an inclusive environment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Austen Riggs Center requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before starting employment.