Communications and Development Assistant
The communications and development assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Communications and Development departments, including database management (Raiser’s Edge), prospect research, event logistics, mailings, production of communications, and website support.
- Maintains contact database (Raiser’s Edge); conducting queries, mail merges and providing reports routinely and as requested.
- Manages event logistics for communications/development, donor and alumni events.
- Retrieves and records donations with the business office and prepares daily gift report and acknowledgments.
- Assists with the design and production of marketing collateral, newsletters.
- Assists with advertising design and vendor relationships.
- Provides research on ad hoc projects.
- Provides administrative support for communications and development departments including preparation of Board committees’ agenda, minutes, etc.; routine correspondence and keeping organized records and filing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates, plans, and prepares marketing materials for professional meetings/presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is strongly preferred.
- Experience with event planning.
- Experience with database management.
- Proficient computer skills, including information databases, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and with a team.
- Demonstrated writing skills including, spelling and grammar, proofreading, and formatting.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, organize and prioritize with numerous interruptions from others, and complete projects within stated deadlines.
- Physical ability to lift up to 20 pounds and climb stairs.