The advancement coordinator contributes to the success and vitality of the office of advancement, which raises funds to support the mission of the Austen Riggs Center and acts as a liaison with alumni (former patients, former staff and former Board members). Much of the day-to-day work is spent managing relationships, communicating and meeting with donors and alumni, overseeing gift recording and acknowledgment, and researching ways to bring in additional funds. This position is responsible for database management (currently Raiser’s Edge), prospect research, donor and alumni events logistics, alumni and development communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or significant work experience is required.
- At least 3 years progressively responsible experience in development, including experience with annual campaigns and special events.
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or other fundraising software.
- Proficient computer skills, including information databases, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Demonstrated writing skills including, spelling, grammar, proofreading, and formatting.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, organize and prioritize with numerous interruptions from others, and complete projects within stated deadlines.
- Flexibility to work off-shift or weekends occasionally.