(32-40 hours per week. Schedule includes evening and weekend hours)
The therapeutic community staff members work with patients and staff to facilitate a range of social, educational, cultural, and recreational groups and activities aimed at community building across our continuum of care. Central to the role is the ability to facilitate interpersonal learning for those with a history of problematic relationships. The ability to contribute to our Health and Wellness program which promotes physical health and greater awareness of the mind-body connection is preferred. The therapeutic community staff role is vital to maintaining a robust and thriving Therapeutic Community Program that supports treatment and enhances human development through group engagement and the recognition of patient authority.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or other related field, coupled with applicable work experience with groups; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ability to understand and support the values and philosophy of our open setting including treating all people with respect and promoting patient authority.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and leadership capacities, interpersonal and group skills.
- Ability to teach mindfulness practices, yoga classes, and or and/or fitness classes, preferred
- Experience in a therapeutic community or residential treatment setting preferred.
- Group relations training is an asset.
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to move frequently between buildings, sitting for extended periods of time and limited lifting.
- Capacity to engage in and lead physical activities (e.g., hikes).
- Mental aptitude needed to quickly move from one assignment to another.
- Ability to use a computer, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account and Health Reimbursement Account
- Generous Paid time off and 12 paid holidays
- Parental leave (9 weeks)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Library
- Retirement plan (403(b)) with generous employer contribution
- Remote or in-person interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Weekly mandated Covid testing
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Remotely: No
Please submit resume with cover letter for consideration to: Jobs@austenriggs.net
Austen Riggs Center is committed to equal opportunity, a diverse workforce, and an inclusive environment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Austen Riggs Center requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before starting employment.