Part-time: 18 hours per week
(Saturday through Monday from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. 6 hours per shift)
We are currently hiring for a part-time kitchen assistant/ dishwasher to join our busy kitchen staff.
The Kitchen Assistant ensures that the dining room and serving counters are clean and set up for meal service. Stocks pantry, cabinets, and refrigerators according to par levels. Delivers hot and cold foods for meal service, displays, and restocks food items. Performs routine cleaning tasks according to workflow requirements and cleaning schedule. Practices safe food handling techniques. Assists kitchen production staff as needed. The Kitchen Assistant may assist in the kitchen with meal preparation and cooking as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years waitstaff or professional kitchen experience
- Institutional experience (strongly preferred).
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Serve Safe Food Service Sanitation Certificate strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with a wide variety of people.
- Exposed to steam, hot air, gas, dishwasher chemical, cooking power equipment, and sharp utensils.
- Required to walk extensively throughout the shift in and between kitchen, pantry, storeroom, dining room and other areas.
- Ability to bend, reach, pull and lift.
- Ability to carry boxes and milk weighing from 10 to 25 pounds.
- Ability to concentrate and work safely in a noisy kitchen environment.
- Ability to safely assemble, operate and disassemble various kitchen equipment.
- Ability to safely drive a golf cart.
- Remote or in-person interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Email resume & Cover letter: Jobs@austenriggs.net
Work Remotely: No
Please submit resume with cover letter for consideration to: Jobs@austenriggs.net
Austen Riggs Center is committed to equal opportunity, a diverse workforce, and an inclusive environment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Austen Riggs Center requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before starting employment.