(Full-time, 40 hours)
The human resource assistant reports to the director of human resources and provides support in all aspects of human resources at the Austen Riggs Center. The HR Assistant is responsible for assisting in the oversight and administration of ARC’s Human Resource policies and procedures. The HR Assistant will assist the HR department in recruitment efforts, onboarding new employees, employee wellness, employee benefits administration, HRIS, and all administrative tasks as assigned.
- Assist the HR department in all administrative functions and employee file maintenance.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, licensing, and documentation.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Assists in performing periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- May assist with payroll process including answering employee questions and inquiries related to timesheet records (time and attendance).
- Assist with the leave benefit administration.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assist in off-boarding employees that have been terminated and/or resigned.
- Assist in posting job descriptions for open positions.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, employee wellness activities, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in related field.
- SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR certification is helpful but not required.
- Minimum of 1-2 yrs HR administrative experience.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred with an understanding of Joint Commission, DMH, and other regulatory standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of labor and employment laws or an interest in learning.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or Paylocity is a plus.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Must have a high initiative, integrity, strong work ethic, good communication, and analytical skills.
- Experience using Zoom and Microsoft Teams video conferencing.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to follow detailed direction and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take direction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision (available on day 1)
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible spending account and Health Reimbursement Account
- Generous Paid time off (PTO), sick time (EIB), and 12 paid holidays
- Parental leave (9 weeks)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Professional development stipend
- Onsite Library
- Retirement plan (403(b)) with generous employer contribution
- Remote or in-person interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Where can I apply or get more information?
Email resume & Cover letter: Jobs@austenriggs.net
This is a full-time position where the employee is expected be in the office 40 hours per week. Our hours of operation are from Monday to Friday 8:00/ 8:30 a.m. – 4:30/ 5:00 p.m.
Remote position: No
Please submit resume with cover letter for consideration to: Jobs@austenriggs.net
Austen Riggs Center is committed to equal opportunity, a diverse workforce, and an inclusive environment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Austen Riggs Center requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before starting employment.