The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with other members of the HR team, supporting the overall mission of the Center. The Human Resource Generalist will lead the transactional functions of the Human Resources department.
- Assist in providing oversight for the daily workflow of the department.
- Provide assistance in the handling of discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy and with guidance from the HR Director.
- Lead the timely auditing efforts for the department to ensure that current policies and procedures are accurate and in compliance.
- Provides support and guidance to the HR Operations Coordinator and other staff members when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- In collaboration with the HR Director, may be required to assist in the execution of routine tasks in delicate circumstances.
- Partners with department heads to understand departmental needs and talent strategy.
- Participates in the talent acquisition process.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for job vacancies.
- Assist with updating job descriptions and sending out job postings, in consultation with the HR Director.
- In collaboration with the HR Director, identifies and creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide educational and developmental opportunities for employees.
- Reviews performance evaluations; bringing concerns to the HR Director's attention for final review.
- Reviews the reporting data for various programs and initiatives.
- Provides support with the processing of benefit enrollment and termination process; (COBRA).
- Assists with processing the leave administration process for various state and federal programs.
- Works closely with the Finance dept as a liaison to address matters related to employee benefits.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Provides HR Leadership in the absence of the HR Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field is required.
- SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR certification is helpful but not required.
- At least 3-5 years Human Resources experience.
- Recruitment experience.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have a high initiative, integrity, strong work ethic, good communication, and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Zoom and Microsoft Teams video conferencing.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to follow detailed direction and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and take direction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision (available on day 1)
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Flexible spending account and Health Reimbursement Account
- Generous Paid time off (PTO), sick time (EIB), and 12 paid holidays
- Parental leave (9 weeks)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Professional development stipend
- Onsite Library
- Retirement plan (403(b)) with generous employer contribution
- Remote or in-person interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Where can I apply or get more information?
Company's website: https://www.austenriggs.org/careers
Email resume & Cover letter: Jobs@austenriggs.net
Austen Riggs Center is committed to equal opportunity, a diverse workforce, and an inclusive environment. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Austen Riggs Center requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before starting employment.