Creating an Emotionally Safe Environment for Young Children
Austen Riggs Center
Presented by the Erikson Institute's Human Development Strategic Initiative of the Austen Riggs Center, the Yale Child Study Center, and the Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine
A working conference on partnerships, parenting, and family systems for:
- clinicians or therapists
- medical providers
- administrators of early childhood programs
Featuring presentations by:
- Mary Berle, EdM, Chief Educator at the Norman Rockwell Museum; Former Principal of Muddy Brook Elementary School in Great Barrington, MA
- Deborah Buccino, MD, Pediatrician affiliated with Fairview Hospital in Great Barrington, MA; Instructor in Pediatrics at Boston University School of Medicine
- Nancy Close, PhD, Assistant Professor at Yale Child Study Center; Associate Director of Yale Program in Early Childhood Education and Lecturer in Psychology at Yale University
- Anne D. Dailey, JD, Maurice R. Greenberg Visiting Professor of Law at Yale Law School; Evangeline Starr Professor of Law at UConn School of Law
- Donna Elmendorf, PhD, Director of Therapeutic Community Program, Activities Program, and Human Development Strategic Initiative at the Austen Riggs Center
- Claudia Gold, MD, Infant-Parent Mental Health Specialist at the Austen Riggs Center; Parent-Child Consultant at Volunteers in Medicine Berkshires; Faculty at UMass Boston Infant Parent Mental Health Program
- Linda Mayes, MD, Arnold Gesell Professor of Child Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology in and Chair of the Yale Child Study Center; Special Advisor to the Dean in the Yale School of Medicine
- Kate Retzel, Principal at Lee Elementary School in Lee, MA; Educator with 21 years experience in parochial and public schools in Berkshire County, MA
- Karen Baicker (Publisher for Family and Community Engagement) and Janelle Cherrington (SVP and Publisher) from Scholastic
In addition, there will be a Climate of Healthy Interactions for Learning & Development (CHILD) Saturday morning workshop led by faculty from the Yale Child Study Center.
This conference is funded in part by the Weil Foundation.
Check back soon for registration information.
For additional information, please contact Lee Watroba at firstname.lastname@example.org.