Substance Abuse Counselor
30-32 hours per week
(Evening and Weekend Hours included within the schedule)
Under the supervision of the director of patient care, the substance abuse counselor is responsible for providing comprehensive alcohol/drug assessment, and individual and group counseling to patients in all levels of care at the Austen Riggs Center, as well as to those who may be affected by the substance abuse of others.
- CADA or other substance abuse credential or certification strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the role of Substance Abuse Counselor.
- Experience and understanding of a dual-diagnosis patient population.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and with others.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to tolerate anxiety and to remain effective in stress situations.
- Ability to use a computer, telephone, and other office equipment.
- May be required to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to climb stairs and move intermittently throughout the Center.