The Austen Riggs Center is located in the small New England town of Stockbridge, Massachusetts , three hours from New York City, two hours from Boston and one hour from Albany, New York. The historic buildings that make up the Riggs campus are located along Norman Rockwell’s Main Street.
View Larger Map 
- From Albany (approximately 1 hour): take I-90 East to Exit 2 on the Massachusetts Turnpike, then Route 102 west, five miles to Stockbridge.
- From Hartford (approximately 1-1/2 hours): take I-91 North to the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90), then west on the Turnpike to Exit 2 (Lee, Massachusetts). At the exit ramp turn left onto Route 20 and then right onto Route 102 west, five miles to Stockbridge.
- From Boston (approximately 2 hours): take the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) to Exit 2 (Lee, Massachusetts). At the exit ramp, turn left onto Route 20 and then right onto Route 102 west, five miles to Stockbridge.
- From New York City (approximately 3 hours): take the Taconic State Parkway to the Route 23 Exit (Hillsdale, New York). Drive east on Route 23 to Route 7, (Great Barrington, Massachusetts), then eight miles north on Route 7 to Stockbridge.
The airports most accessible to the Austen Riggs Center are:
- Albany International Airport  (Albany, New York) (51.4 miles)
- Bradley International Airport  (Hartford, Connecticut) (67 miles)
- Boston Logan International Airport  (Boston, Massachusetts) (133 miles)
Please note: you are responsible for providing your own transportation to and from the Austen Riggs Center.
There are many options available for lodging near the Austen Riggs Center. Please view the PDF at the bottom of this page for a list of lodging options compiled by the Stockbridge Chamber of Commerce. Provided below are links to the Stockbridge Chamber of Commerce and Berkshire Visitor’s Bureau websites for more information about staying in the Berkshires.
Austen Riggs Center
25 Main Street
P.O. Box 962
Stockbridge, MA 01262