Austen Riggs offers a range of programs, from the initial six-week intensive evaluation and treatment phase  to other residential day treatment and aftercare programs. While the total length of stay can vary, individuals are strongly encouraged to stay for the minimum period of six-weeks of intensive evaluation and treatment. A pre-payment for the initial six-weeks is required on the day of admission and covers most of the costs related to evaluation and treatment during the first six weeks, depending on the program a patient is admitted to. There is also an admission consultation fee of $1,200 (included in the pre-payment if a patient is offered admission).
The average cost per day for patients who remain in treatment for a few months is $775 per day. We encourage you to contact our admissions team for more specific information about our fees.
Daily Rates Include:
- Room and board
- Four times/week intensive psychotherapy sessions with a doctoral level clinician*
- Psychopharmacology (medication management) with a psychiatrist
- Social work services including family liaison work or family therapy
- Full access to the Therapeutic Community Program  including process groups, educational and recreational activities and a patient government
- Nursing care 
- Substance use disorder services
- Basic medical services including referrals to outside specialized medical or neurological consultations as needed
- Activities Program  including a greenhouse, nursery school, theatre and professional instruction in various arts
- Dietary consultation
- Fitness classes
- Discharge planning
- Doctor on call services
*on occasion, fewer than four sessions may be scheduled due to holidays and therapist absences. Interim therapy during therapist absences is two times/week.
Please view the PDF below for our policies regarding Financial and Insurance Information.