Austen Riggs offers a range of programs, from the initial six-week intensive evaluation and treatment phase  to other residential day treatment and aftercare programs, and the total length of stay can vary from six weeks to a year or more. A pre-payment of $45,000 is required on the day of admission. Depending on the program a patient is admitted to, the cost of the total six-week evaluation and treatment ranges from $53,000 - $57,000. There is also an admission consultation fee of $1,200 which is included within this range and in the pre-payment.
The average cost per day for patients who remain in treatment for a few months is $800 per day. We encourage you to contact our admissions team for more specific information about our fees.
Daily Rates Include:
- Room and board
- Four times/week intensive psychotherapy sessions with a doctoral level clinician*
- Psychopharmacology (medication management) with a psychiatrist
- Social work services including family liaison work or family therapy
- Full access to the Therapeutic Community Program  including process groups, educational and recreational activities and a patient government
- Nursing care 
- Substance use disorder services
- Basic medical services including referrals to outside specialized medical or neurological consultations as needed
- Activities Program  including a greenhouse, nursery school, theatre and professional instruction in various arts
- Dietary consultation
- Fitness classes
- Discharge planning
- Doctor on call services
*on occasion, fewer than four sessions may be scheduled due to holidays and therapist absences. Interim therapy during therapist absences is two times/week.
Please view the PDF below for our policies regarding Financial and Insurance Information.