Early Childhood Education Director
Approximately 30 hours per week
The Director develops and manages an education program for young children age 2.9 to 6 years of age and structures an educational program for psychiatric patients who wish to learn and work with children. The Director will work collaboratively with our Activities Department Staff to provide a space that is separate from the clinical environment to facilitate and promote self-establishment and will be attentive to the uniqueness of the patients/students and to strive to help them enhance their inherent strengths, develop skills and the capacity for creative work.
- B.S. in Education or similar.
- Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care -- Director Level qualified.
- Minimum 5 years experience teaching in early childhood education with experience in supervision of staff and teacher’s aides.
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively work independently, as well as with diverse staff and adult psychiatric patient population of various ages.
- Ability to plan, organize and present curriculum to up to 20 students.
- Experience with Massachusetts’s school licensing regulations.