Director of Communications and Advancement
Full time salaried
The director of communications and advancement oversees internal and external communications for Riggs, developing a strategic and integrated plan for communications, public relations, advertising, web communications, and referral development in consultation with the Medical Director/CEO and the Board of Trustees. Additionally, the director works with members of the Board of Trustees and the staff, providing leadership for and assisting colleagues with funding key initiatives and communicating and promoting the mission of the Austen Riggs Center internally and externally. The director also ensures the cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects.
- Master’s degree in related field
- Minimum ten years progressive and relevant experience in development, marketing, public relations, and communications
- Track record of effective communications, experience with institutional branding and web design, communications planning and design, strong writing and editing skills, etc.
- Organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to design and grow fundraising; ability to ask and close significant philanthropic gifts; experience with managing appeals
- Success with proposal development, grant writing, and program-restricted fundraising
- Knowledge of fundraising database software (experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with organizational staff and Board leaders, donors, former patients and patient families, and alumni
- Must be able to instill and reinforce philanthropy as a priority in a clinical setting
- Sitting for long periods of time. Physical stamina and flexibility needed for travel, organizing events, evening work and weekends. Ability to use computer, telephone, fax, and other office equipment