FT 40 hours per week
Shift Varies –includes Weekends and Holiday Rotation
Under the general direction of the executive chef or sous chef, the cook is responsible for preparing nutritionally sound meals for patients and staff. Requires flexibility to perform dining room set up, serving, and sanitation duties. Shifts vary.
Required qualifications include:
- Minimum two years professional cooking experience with demonstrated knowledge in quantity cooking and baking.
- Institutional experience (strongly preferred).
- Flexibility to work day or evening shifts (dining hrs are approx 7 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
- Flexible to rotate weekends and holidays.
- Serve Safe Food Service Certificate strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people and respect patients’ rights.
- Exposed to steam, hot air, gas, dishwasher chemical, cooking power equipment and sharp utensils.
- Required to walk extensively throughout the shift in and between kitchen, pantry, storeroom, dining room and other buildings on site.
- Ability to bend, reach, pull and lift.
- Ability to carry boxes and milk weighing from 10 to 25 pounds.
- Ability to concentrate and work safely in a noisy kitchen environment.
- Ability to safely assemble, operate and disassemble various kitchen equipment.
- Ability to safely drive a golf cart.