ARC News – Now Available Online
The Austen Riggs Center recently mailed out the latest edition of its regular newsletter the ARC News, which is published three time annually. Now, for the first time, we’re making a digital version of the ARC News available on our website, along with our past three issues.
In our latest issue (Winter 2016), available here, you can read about:
- The important role of psychiatric nursing in the open setting at Riggs and the unique approach nurses take, incorporating “a humanistic philosophy into the practice of nursing care.”
- Riggs’ post-doctoral Fellowship program in advanced psychoanalytic psychotherapy and psychoanalytic studies and its two new psychiatry Fellows: Tyler Dodds, MD, and Heather Forouhar Graff, MD.
- The psychodynamics of violence as it emerges in the context of gender and sexuality, which was explored at the 2015 Erikson Institute Fall Conference.
- Meaning Matters, an independent online psychodynamic community for “clinicians and those in related fields who share a professional interest in psychodynamic practice, research and education.”
- The Erikson Scholar program and the scholars who lived at Riggs and “worked on a variety of projects in conversation with the clinical staff and patients throughout 2015:” Dale Peterson, PhD; Stephen N. Xenakis, MD, Brigadier General (Ret); and Rachael Rosner, PhD.
- and more
We hope that you enjoy the latest issue of the ARC News, some of our past issues and welcome your comments and feedback.