Assistant Director of Patient Services – Nurse Manager
Full Time - Salaried Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Patient Services, the Assistant Director of Patient Services is a key leadership role with responsibilities within a scope of functions that span clinical, consultative, administrative, and educational issues. The assistant director is responsible for the integration of patient care and the coordination of interdisciplinary staff members to deliver a consistent professional high quality of care to our patients. The responsibilities include organizing patient educational presentations and staff development seminars. The role encompasses interdisciplinary communications, nursing, leadership and systems applications.
Required qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing MSN
- Minimum five years psychiatric nurse experience required.
- Management/supervisory experience, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work in stressful situations.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in Massachusetts and current CPR certification.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team and to work with a wide variety of people and maintain patients’ rights at all times.
- Must be familiar with current legal, professional, regulatory and accreditation standards and requirements as applicable to the nursing department and psychiatric facilities.
- Physical stamina needed for climbing stairs, travel between buildings and lifting up to 20 lbs., occasional evening and weekend work
- Abilities to: concentrate despite interruptions, to tolerate anxiety, remain reflective under high levels of stress, make use of one’s own affects and use them in the service of responding in role.
- Ability to use computer, telephone, fax and other office equipment.
Using the upload options please submit your cover letter and resume, along with the downloadable application below, to Human Resources. We accept the following file types .pdf, .doc, .docx, .txt, .rtf, .or odf (in order of preference).